Friday, April 20, 2012

Crafty Day

First up. I have had these around for a long time. Like 3 years. I always meant to hang them up in the cute nursery, but it never happened. Well, Baby Girl likes to play with them sometimes and it drives me nuts. So, finally I decided to make it happen! I was feeling crafty (and she found them again), so I got the kids and knocked it out.
A glue gun and some ribbon is all it takes.
I ran out of ribbon, so the ladybugs are kinda short. Oh well.


All hung up. Looks just how I imagined. Yay!
Secondly, I decided to make cookies with the kids. I looked up egg-free cookie recipes and stumbled on this blog post about making cookies in a bag. Cool, we can do that. I put the ingredients in the bag, with some help of course, and let them squish away.
Looks like fun right? Yea, they lost interest pretty quick. It turned into a hand work out for me. So, I put it in a bowl to finish mixing and cooked them up. I let the kids taste the dough (it is egg-free so why not). Capri loved it. No surprise. Rome hated it! Actually spit it out. Funny kid, has some texture issues.
All cooked up.
Pretty tasty-tasty. I think Rome didn't like the gooey center of his cookie, so he crumbled it and ate only the outside. Fine with me, I can finish that for you buddy! The rest of the cookies were eaten by Mom and Dad anyway. Daddy loves chocolate chip cookies, and I just don't give my kids sweets that often. Especially when they don't finish their dinner, which is often.
And what is crafty day with out a little Batman action?
Next up is this shirt I got at the Dollar store. I know, great place to find cheap clothes. It is super big and I thought it would be great for my coming summer huge-ness.
First, I put some ruching elastic down the sides.
Then I gathered a section at the neckline and sewed it about 2 inches smaller. It was just a little too wide at the top.
Then, try it on. Looks okay now, but I bet by July it will be so comfy!
Last, this super cute looking maternity-already dress.
I have had this dress for a while. My sister actually got it for me when I was expecting baby #2. Yea, so, 2 1/2 years ago? I never wore it. It looks comfy and cute, but just doesn't have enough room for my chest, so it looks funny. I figured I have been doing this altering stuff, I could fix it no problem. Just put a black sash around the middle. I got out my seam ripper and before you know it, had a huge hole in the front of my dress. All ready to...do what? Just putting a sash isn't going to give me more room for my bust. It would just cause the same problem I had before. A huge seam across them middle of my (ever larger) bosom. I just can't handle that. It looks weird. Well, this one might take a bit longer than anticipated. I will have to think about it some more.
On the plus side, I got all of this stuff done while my kids were awake! And finished four projects in one day. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment