Sunday, September 25, 2011

Random Projects

These are just little projects that I did as needed. These little shoes were so cute, but would never stay on. So, I fixed them. It took just a little time to measure and hand sew on a ribbon and velcro square to keep the pretty shoes on those pretty little feet. I don't remember how long she wore them, but it was worth it not to worry about where we lost one.

This was my next real project after I gave up on the Turkey placemats. I got a pattern and some fabric (50% off thanks to JoAnns going out of business in my city). It took me forever to get the snaps on the bottom to work and I though it looked so ugly. It was way to big for my little girl and I made it for a boy anyway. A year later I tried it on her and she was still too skinny and it looked like she was wearing a bag. So, I changed it into a dress. Just cut off those snaps I spent so much time on and hemmed it. Much better, and now it fits.
Now to find the picture of her in it...
Here it is. Isn't she cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment