Sunday, July 22, 2012

Decor Ideas

A while ago my jewelry board fell down. It held all of my necklaces and bracelets. I was very upset about it.
 It was just jammed in between the shelves in my closet, but I was unhappy. Mostly because I found out about the fall by seeing my kids trailing my jewelry around the house. I pretty much went ballistic. Most of it was okay. Some got scratched and bent. I definitely needed a new system. I saw this idea of using an old rake a couple of times on the internet and Pinterest, but sort of ignored it. Then, I caved and got the old, broken rake out of my garage, washed it off and hung it up with a few screws. 
 It is not really my style, but seriously beats the mess they were before. I can actually find what I want!
 This is the shelf were they were in piles. It was scary and really sad. I think I stopped wearing any jewelry (I hardly wear it anyway) because it was so bad. Now, it is just my bracelets and looks pretty good.
As a side note, I finally figured out what to do with this little wall in between my windows in my bedroom. I have all of these pretty little things, but they are stuffed into a little shelf with books. So, I put up three shelves and wah-la! Pretty stuff has a place. Okay, they really need some styling help, but I am happy to have them up and have a place for my pretty little things to go. Someday my brain will work again and I can re-arrange them to look nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment