Thursday, June 14, 2012

Today's Finds

I just HAD to post this. Even though posting something the same day it happens is unheard of. I am just so excited about it!
 I have wanted to look at the thrift store for a while now. We had some extra time before a play date, so I thought today would be a good day. The kids took extra long getting ready and getting in the car so we only had 45 mins. or so before we were supposed to meet someone. I was a bit hesitant to attempt the thrift store on so little time. Searching for good stuff takes some time you know, but we did great! I found some good stuff for way cheap and we left at just the right time. I was hoping to find some more maternity shirts, but didn't feel like looking through all the clothes to find ones that would work. Oh well. My wardrobe just keeps getting smaller...only a few more weeks anyway.

Here is what I found. One purple/gray queen size duvet cover (Don't know what I am doing with this yet, but twice the fabric to use!) $4, one queen size rainbow stripe sheet set (Awesome backing for my rainbow quilts coming up!) $4, one blue twin size sheet set (Actually a Disney set. I was thinking of backing a quilt with it, it is such a pretty color, but I might hold off for a bit because they are such good quality sheets!) $4, one twin size fitted sheet (just the right colors for the colorful windows quilt I am working on now. Yay!) $2, one Pyrex drink pitcher (I lost my last one and I miss it) $1, 2 glass canisters with lids (For my "Grandpa's Stache" candy jars for Father's day) $2 each, 2 nesting frames to decorate my craft room walls $2 each, and one swirly border silver bowl (I just can't resist those heavy duty silver platters!) $6. I got it all for $28.96! Okay, some of the items are a bit under the price I put, but you get the idea. Still, great deals all around.
Okay, so I may be obsessing a bit about my quilts, but I am so excited to find all of this fabric for so cheap! I know, crazy. I have been wondering how I was going to back some of the quilts I have plans for without buying yards of fabric at $4/yard or more. Okay, more like $8/yard at 2-3 yards per quilt. Ouch. I just don't have the cash right now to be splurging like that. So, these made me very happy today. I just love the thrift store.

No comments:

Post a Comment