Sunday, June 17, 2012

Works In Progress

Okay, I only have a few projects that are actually started. Like 3.  I have a lot more that are bought and sitting around, ready to be figured out. Like 7. And I wonder how I never finish things...

First up are these Quiet Book pages. I participated in a Quiet Book exchange back in, oh, Oct? A long time ago. Anyway, after I got all my pages back, I could not think of how to finish them. The ones I made are on fabric and sewn and the others are on felt and part sewn, part hot glue. You can't sew hot glue. (I tried, don't do it.) I finally figured out what to do with them. I got a bunch of different fabrics in fun patterns. I cut them to the right size, with interfacing, and just top stitched them onto the pages. I also added a pocket on the back for all those extra pieces. I have only finished about 6 pages. So, only 10 or so more to go. I think they are pretty cute though.
My button on flowers. Capri loves this one.
Pretty birds on the back.

Next is my Quilt-along filler project. I originally got this charm pack to use as my zig zag quilt, but it didn't have enough of the colors to make the stripes and I just cannot bring myself to mix the colors. I can't do it. So, I got some other fabric for my zig zag quilt and figured out a different pattern for these beautiful fabrics. They really are so bright and fun! This project is going to keep me busy while waiting for the next steps on the quilt-along. 
I am calling this one my Colorful Windows Quilt. 
I came up with the pattern myself. I really like it.

These are the fabrics I found for the zig zag quilt. Kind of cute baby girl-ish, but I like them. I have a nice cream, plushy blanket to use for the back too.

Not sure what pattern I will use for these, but I really liked this yellow and gray jelly roll. I have so many options with 8 different fabrics to play with and I already have a gray fleece blanket for the back.

These were a bunch of fabric remnants that I picked up while looking for something else. I thought they looked so nice together that I had to do something with them. I don't know what yet, but I won't need any extra sashing fabric because they are all almost a yard, except for the two solid colors. I still need to find something for the back though. I am not quite sure what would fit. Maybe another cream fleece blanket. Hmmm.

This is a left over piece from some pajamas I made. I just zig-zagged the edge and let the kids play with it like a blanket. I figured I could easily add some other fabric and actually make it into a nice blanket.
Maybe with this plushy blanket as backing?

These fabrics I found as remnants also, but I was looking for them. I found this 2 yd piece of fleece fabric at Tuesday Morning for $5 and wanted something to go with it. Not sure how it will turn out yet. Some of them are a yard or more and some are barely 1/4. I will just have to make it work.

I decided to wash all my fabric together and ended up with 4 different colored loads. Lots of fabric just ready to be cut up and made into something gorgeous! Got to keep busy...


No comments:

Post a Comment