Saturday, June 23, 2012

Gifted

I have been thinking about this gift ever since I found out that my Sister-in-law was pregnant and due the same time as me. Of course she is having a girl and I get another little boy. I wanted to try a cheater quilt, but could not find a down (or fake down) throw anywhere. Even online, it is just the wrong season, I guess. I finally found ONE at Tuesday Morning in zebra print. I figured I could add some pink and it would be okay for a little girl. I found a great charm pack in pinks, grays and yellows with gold accents even. Perfect! I don't know if my SIL likes zebra print, but she definitely has attitude and loves bling, so this might work for her. I just hope she doesn't hate it.

 My (fake) down comforter and fabric squares.
 All glued and ready to sew.
 Done! It was that quick. I really like how it turned out too.
 I chose to zig-zag the squares, in bright pink of course.
 Close up of the back. Looks pretty great to me.
I tied it up and added a cute bib and outfit. I also made the tutu to match the cute onesie. Another little talent that doesn't take very much time. I think it makes a great set. I hope my SIL loves it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment